Development and research are carried out in the following fields:
- development of new technologies,
- development of new products,
- development of new manufacturing and technological procedures,
- development of ecological technologies and products,
The development trends in power engineering are oriented in more effective using of fuel, increasing the efficiency and operation reliability of power sources.
These conditions are fulfilled in the following cases:
- combined generation of electric energy and heat in co-generating units,
- utilization of waste heat of flue gas downstream of steel and glass making furnaces and other technologies in waste heat boilers cooling down leaving flue gas and used for steam generation for technology or for electric energy generation,
- boilers with supercritical parameters where increased steam parameters results in increased efficiency in electric energy generation in classical power plants,
- modern waste incinerating plants ensuring environmentally clean firing and disposal of all pollutants solve one of crucial issues of current society i.e. waste disposal
- boilers for biomass firing (other prospective possibility to generate heat) using combustible waste of farm and wood processing products.